Being denied a visa or immigration benefit because of health or security reasons, especially when these reasons are not valid, can make those who want to move here feel defeated and hopeless. If you find that you have been deemed inadmissible and think that you have been wronged, a Duluth I-601 waiver lawyer at Barrios & Virgüez wants to help you with this injustice. Being granted access to the United States should not be reserved for the privileged few.
Our attorneys educate clients on how an I-601 waiver can resolve their problems, and we guide them through the immigration process every step of the way.
What Is an I-601 Waiver?
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is known for denying green card and visa applications for countless reasons, such as health and security. Some applicants are denied purely because it is assumed they will strain the United States welfare system and social assistance programs. Meanwhile, others previously in the United States unlawfully can be banned from applying for a green card or visa for multiple years.
People labeled as inadmissible might qualify for an I-601 waiver, which is used to obtain a visa, adjust immigration status, or receive an immigration benefit previously unavailable to them. Nearly 80% of I-601 applications are approved, while more than 20% are denied, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services data. A Duluth I-601 waiver lawyer can help those interested in pursuing an application by doing everything in their power to attain approval.
The United States immigration system is a complex beast that can easily confuse and overwhelm most people. Therefore, it is essential to have a Duluth immigration attorney on your side. They know a good move from a bad one and will ensure that their clients make all the right ones.
For a legal consultation with a i-601 waiver lawyer serving Duluth, call 678-888-2222
Am I Eligible for an I-601 Waiver?
Not everyone is eligible for an I-601 waiver. Eligibility is dependent on a variety of reasons. Below are just a few examples of those who are qualified for an I-601 waiver:
- A person who is identified as a Special Immigrant Juvenile, based on an approved I-360 form, who is applying for immigration status adjustment
- A self-petitioner of the Violence Against Women Act, or the child of a self-petitioner, requesting immigration status adjustment
- A person who does not live in the United States and is applying for a type K or V visa after having had a visa interview during which they were found to be inadmissible
- Someone who needs immigration status adjustment, as afforded to them under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act 202 or the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act 902
- Those applying for immigration status adjustment based on T nonimmigrant status
- People who want to attain immigration status adjustment to live in the United States legally
- Those interested in temporary protected status
Duluth I-601 Waiver Lawyer Near Me 678-888-2222
How do I Apply for an I-601 Waiver?
While applying for an I-601 waiver might seem daunting, following specific steps can help reduce stress and increase the likelihood of getting approved. Take the following steps when applying for an I-601 waiver to position yourself for approval:
- Get in touch with a Duluth immigration attorney, preferably one who is well versed in I-601 waivers and has a high rate of success
- Gather documents for the I-601 application, including the waiver itself, a National Visa Center case number, and anything that can help prove the existence of extreme hardship
- Once all the documents are collected, submit them to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
When Will U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Approve an I-601 Waiver?
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services could take a year or more to approve an I-601 waiver application. The good news is that, with the help of a Duluth I-601 waiver lawyer, an applicant can receive approval by addressing circumstances for which they were previously denied.
Suppose an applicant was deemed ineligible for a green card or visa on health-related grounds, immigration misrepresentation, unlawful presence, or other reasons. In that case, a skilled attorney could help analyze those claims and work with the applicant to make the necessary changes to increase the likelihood of approval. This help could forever alter the direction of a person’s life, putting them on a positive path forward.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Why a Duluth I-601 Waiver Lawyer Is Essential
At Barrios & Virgüez, we understand the daily fear and financial impact our clients face. Many have been forced to leave their country and move to the United States. While some successfully make that transition, many do not. Thousands of migrants are denied green cards and visas, illustrating how broken the United States immigration system is.
Founded and run by Jorge and Keren, a husband-and-wife team, Barrios & Virgüez sympathizes with the struggles of those they represent. Our attorneys are dedicated to the communities we serve, and we are steadfast in our mission to provide fair legal representation to those who need our help and guidance.
Not everyone who wants to emigrate to the United States in search of a better life is met with open arms. Many are not even allowed to enter or legally reside in the United States. They come here with the best intentions and often are turned away.
Contact Barrios & Virgüez for Duluth I-601 Waiver Help
If you need assistance with a Duluth I-601 waiver, we want to help you with your legal case. Having been impacted by personal circumstances that have marked our lives significantly, we understand what our clients are going through. We’ve witnessed those who are most vulnerable being targeted by others for their own gain.
If you are one of these individuals, a Duluth I-601 waiver attorney at Barrios & Virgüez is committed to helping you through this difficult time. Let us work with you on your legal case, and contact us today to schedule your appointment.