If you find yourself among those labeled as inadmissible for entry into the US and feel you have zero options for overcoming this seemingly insurmountable hurdle, an Augusta I-601 waiver lawyer at Barrios & Virgüez wants to help you with your case.
Gaining entry to the United States does not have to be a scary and hopeless experience. Our attorneys educate clients on the benefits of an I-601 waiver, show how it can help them gain access to the United States, provide guidance on how to prove extreme hardship, assist them with collecting the necessary paperwork, and serve as their advocates during the I-601 waiver application process.
What Is an I-601 Waiver?
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denies green card and visa applications for numerous reasons. Some people are rejected for health reasons, while others are dismissed based on security. An applicant might be denied other times because it is assumed that they will drain social assistance programs, including welfare.
These are not the only reasons why some are not granted a green card or visa. Some are not admitted because they were previously in the United States illegally, which can result in a multi-year ban.
Those who have encountered all these challenges and are still labeled as inadmissible might qualify for an I-601 waiver. Also known as an Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, an I-601 waiver is used to obtain a visa, adjust a person’s immigration status, or receive a benefit they are not eligible for.
According to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services data, nearly 80% of I-601 Applications for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility are approved. While these seem like good odds, over 20% of applications are denied. An I-601 waiver lawyer in Augusta can help identify the best steps for increasing the likelihood of getting approved.
United States immigration law is complex, hard to understand, and constantly changing. The average person does not realize how these laws can work for or against them, which is why a skilled attorney is so valuable.
For a free legal consultation with a i-601 waiver lawyer serving Augusta, call 678-888-2222
Who Is Eligible for an I-601 Waiver?
A person who has exhausted all options for applying for a green card or visa, with the help of a qualified immigration lawyer, should fill out and submit an I-601 waiver to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requesting that whatever is being used to define them as inadmissible to the United States of America be waived. Eligibility for the submission of this waiver is dependent on the reasons why the person in question is inadmissible.
Below are examples of those who are eligible for an I-601 waiver:
- Those seeking the adjustment of their immigration status for legal permanent residence
- Those who are outside of the United States who have had a visa interview during which they were found inadmissible and are applying for a type V or K visa
- A person who is applying for temporary protected status
- An applicant who needs status adjustment per the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act 902 or the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act 202
- Those applying for a status adjustment or visa as a self-petitioner of the Violence Against Women Act or as the child of one
- A person applying for status adjustment based on T nonimmigrant status
- Those seeking status adjustment who are considered a Special Immigrant Juvenile because of an already approved I-360 form
Augusta I-601 Waiver Lawyer Near Me 678-888-2222
What Steps Do I Take to Apply for an I-601 Waiver?
Specific steps must be taken to apply for an I-601 waiver, including the following:
- Speak with an Augusta immigration lawyer who has a lot of knowledge and experience when it comes to I-601 waivers
- Collect the required documentation for your application, including the I-601 waiver, a National Visa Center case number, evidence, and supporting documents proving extreme hardship
- Submit all the collected documents to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and pay any processing or filing fees
If approved, many grounds of inadmissibility may be waived, such as health-related grounds, some criminal grounds, immigration fraud, misrepresentation, and being subject to a civil penalty, among others.
The fact that it could take one year or longer for an I-601 waiver to be processed makes working with an Augusta immigration attorney the most crucial step in this process. The reason is that the lawyer can answer or address any questions or concerns and actively check in on the status of the application, helping relieve any undue stress that the person seeking approval might be experiencing.
Why You Need an Augusta I-601 Waiver Attorney
The American Dream is spoken of as something anyone can achieve. Unfortunately, not everyone who wants to come to the United States and pursue that dream is eligible to do so. People are often denied a visa or immigration benefit for countless reasons, including health and security.
The attorneys at Barrios & Virgüez understand and sympathize with the fear and financial impact their clients face when being forced to leave their homeland and move to a place where they are invisible. Recognizing that the United States immigration system is broken, they want to help you navigate the complexities and avoid the pitfalls.
Founded and run by the husband-and-wife team of Jorge and Keren, Barrios & Virgüez is committed to serving the community and helping those in need. Clients deserve fair legal representation, especially during a time when they might feel helpless or overwhelmed. They need unwavering support in their defense. Above all else, they need justice, which is precisely what Barrios & Virgüez will deliver.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Barrios & Virgüez for Augusta I-601 Waiver Help
If you need assistance with an August I-601 waiver, let us help you with your case. We’ve been impacted by personal circumstances that have marked our lives. We’ve witnessed how the most vulnerable people have become a target for others who benefit from their pain and loss.
If you are one of these individuals, an I-601 waiver attorney in Augusta is committed to helping you by offering fair and professional legal representation. We want to help you with your legal case, so contact us today to schedule your appointment.