Have you suffered devastating injuries in a bus accident in Augusta? Have your injuries had a debilitating impact on your life? If you are interested in holding the liable party accountable and recovering the compensation you are entitled to, you need a dedicated Augusta bus accident lawyer on your side.
You can find out more about what is next for your case when you contact Barrios & Virguez for a free consultation today.
How do Bus Accidents Occur?
To recover the compensation you deserve following a bus accident in Augusta, your attorney will need to closely evaluate the circumstances of your case. Examining how your bus accident occurred will give your lawyer a clear understanding of culpability in your case.
With that being said, bus accidents can occur in a variety of ways. Some of the more common causes of bus accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Drugged driving
- Failure to follow traffic rules
- Driving over the speed limit
- Rowdy bus passengers
- Defective vehicle parts
- Unsafe road conditions
These are only a few of the ways bus accidents in Augusta occur. If your bus accident happened in another way, or if you are unsure how your bus accident occurred, you need an experienced attorney to help you uncover the truth. Doing so could make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Augusta, call 678-888-2222
Who Is at Fault for Your Bus Accident in Augusta?
Establishing liability is essential if you hope to be awarded compensation for your damages. After reviewing the way in which your bus accident occurred, your attorney will be able to figure out who is at fault for your injuries. Here are some of the parties who could share liability for your injuries based on the cause of your bus accident:
- Unsafe road conditions – When dangerous roads cause your bus accident, government agencies or other entities responsible for maintaining the integrity of the roads could be responsible for your injuries. This might include the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), the Metropolitan Atlanta Transit Authority (MARTA), safety inspectors, and other third parties.
- Reckless driving – Any type of unsafe driving could be considered negligence. If the bus operator was under the influence or otherwise driving unsafely, or if another negligent driver crashed into the bus causing your injuries, these drivers should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
- Defective parts – The party responsible for the defective vehicle is ultimately accountable for their vehicle. For example, if defective bus parts caused the accident, the owner of the bus, the bus company, bus maintenance professionals, and other third parties could share liability.
Augusta Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 678-888-2222
How Bus Accident Claims Work
Many people are hesitant to call the bus accident lawyer in Augusta for help because the claims process is simply overwhelming. However, if you had a better idea of what to expect as you went through the bus accident claims process, you may feel empowered in pursuing your case. Here is a general idea of what you can expect from the bus accident claims process after you hire an attorney:
- Your lawyer will begin by investigating the cause of your accident
- While investigating, your attorney will gather compelling evidence to prove liability in your case
- Your lawyer will also need to go over all of the ways your life has been affected by your injuries to accurately calculate the value of your bus accident claim
- Once liability has been determined and you know what your claim is worth, your attorney can begin the claims process by filing an insurance claim
- Negotiations with the insurance company will commence
- If your insurance settlement does not cover your damages in their entirety, your lawyer will begin to prepare your case for trial
- In court, your attorney will be responsible for presenting evidence to prove liability in your case so you can be awarded total compensation for your suffering
It is important to keep in mind that every person’s bus accident injuries and case will be different. Some people may be able to avoid going to court by obtaining an insurance settlement that covers their damages in full. Others will need to be prepared to file a lawsuit if they hope to maximize their compensation.
You could find out what is next for your case when you contact your bus accident attorney in Augusta.
What to Expect from the Insurance Company
Dealing with the insurance company is common in bus accident claims. One of the top ways injury victims recover compensation following their injuries is by filing a claim with the liable party’s insurer.
However, dealing with the insurance company is sure to be difficult. Insurers rarely settle claims fairly. Your attorney will need to advocate for your right to compensation.
The amount you could be awarded from the insurance company may also be limited by the amount of coverage the policyholder purchased. If you have remaining damages, these losses could only be recovered through a civil claim. Your attorney will help protect you from insurance company tactics that could put your injury settlement at risk.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages Following an Augusta Bus Accident
You have the right to be repaid for every loss you suffer after a bus accident in Augusta. You can be compensated for your financial losses, but you might be surprised to learn that you can also be repaid for your emotional trauma and physical injuries. Some of the more common types of damages awarded in bus accident claims include:
- Lost quality of life and consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of potential future wages and regular income
- Current and future medical expenses and equipment costs
- Property damage fees
Meet with a Bus Accident Attorney in Augusta Today
The bus accident claims process can be notoriously complex. Let us help you with your legal case. We can handle the insurance company, investigation, and claims process while you focus on recuperating.
Schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation with an experienced Augusta bus accident attorney at Barrios & Virguez today. You can reach us through our convenient contact form or by phone when you are ready to get started on your case.